After a week of enjoying the outdoors with my with family here are five more things I am grateful for.
1. Caffeine. Camping with a toddler is a whole other ball game when it comes to sleep. New surroundings and noises make the adjustment a bit difficult. Not to mention nap times in a stuffy hot tent are not fun and neither are tiny toes in ones ribs when co sleeping ends up being the only option. Enter in our friend caffeine to keep mommy and daddy going through the day on little to no sleep.
2. Friendships. My husband has been going to the same camp site his ENTIRE life. I won’t divulge his age but he’s been going for over 30 years, as have the people camping around us. Every year we part ways after our week and pick up exactly were we left off the year before.
3. Naptimes. How else am I expected to get get any good sun tanning time. There is no lying on the beach enjoying a good gossip magazine when you have a sand eating monkey charging full steam ahead at the lake.
4. Glamping. Did you think I was going to be roughing it? Heck no. I need a hot shower, running water and electricity. Did I mention that we have a fridge at our site? The only thing we use a cooler for is the beer 🙂
5. Our province. We live in one of the most beautiful places ever. To be able to sit on the beach and stare out at the desert hills of the Okanagan beyond the lake and then drive 5 minutes down the road and stare at the lush vineyards that drape the valley. I think I could have started and ended my point right there, vineyards. Oh the wineries of BC, oh how I love you.