This week has been quite the week for everyone in our house. So far the transition has been fairly smooth as we get used to our new routine. Here are a few things that I have been extremely grateful for during this period.
1. My husband, he has been my rock during this first week. He’s been able to leave work at a decent time each day so he’s been able to get Hazel so I don’t have to rush. He’s also taken over most of the household duties this week, cooking and cleaning up so I can have a bit of time to unwind and get used to my long days.
2. My friends and family that have stepped in to watch Hazel for my first month back at work. This has been huge as her daycare doesn’t open until September 2nd. I think it’s a lot easier for to get used to being away from us when she’s with people she knows. It would also be really hard to put her in a brand new setting just to move her in a month.
3. Late night cuddles when someone should be sleeping. A few nights lately she’s needs to be cuddled until she falls asleep. There is absolutely nothing you can do but sit there and rock her to sleep and just enjoy every second of it.
4. Flip Flops, don’t get me wrong I love my heels but after wearing them all day at work it feels amazing to throw on a pair of flip flops. I guess after not wearing them for so long my feet forgot what it’s like.
5. Earl Grey Tea Lattes, I swear these are what gets me through my day. I could probably have 5 of them a day I love them so much!
Hope everyone has a great long weekend, enjoy the sunshine and be safe!