As you might remember I shared on Wednesday our adventure to a local berry farm to pick berries (if you missed it, you can find it here). Well it appears that our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we came home with more berries than we could possibly handle. I froze about half of the berries and we still had too many. We had homemade waffles topped with fresh berries, we baked a cake with fresh raspberry filling, to say the least we spent a lot of time in the kitchen the last week! Not only that the weather has been amazing, once the kids were in bed the weather had cooled down and it was reasonable to sit outside and enjoy a beverage. I thought it would be fun to incorporate the fresh berries we had into a cocktail. So today I’m sharing my quick and most definitely refreshing Strawberry Mojito with you.
- 3-4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 oz rum
- 1 oz simple syrup
- club soda
- Squeeze lime wedges and drop rinds into a drink shaker.
- Add strawberries to the lime wedges and muddle together.
- Add in mint leaves and lightly muddle.
- Add in rum, simple syrup, and top with ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour shaker contents into a glass.
- Top with soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Sit back and enjoy.
- For a virgin recipe, simply omit the rum.
- For a sweeter drink, add more simple syrup, or add less if you find it too sweet.
- Having a hard parenting day? Free pour that rum, no one is judging.
What’s your favourite summer beverage to enjoy?