Do you ever find yourself in a cooking rut, especially during the week when you are short on time? You know Tacos, Spaghetti, dare I say it, take out, all on repeat over and over again? Well you’re not alone, its a theme thats far to common over here, especially with Evans crazy work schedule. While we don’t meal plan and we should, ever time we do try, we fail miserably. I do find though if I have ample ingredients on hand its easier to get creative during the summer months. Perhaps its the fact that we simply fire up the barbecue, Evan takes charge there and my responsibility is simply coming up with the side dishes. Needless to say I always try and have an assortment of fresh vegetables on hand so I can easily put together a simple salad to with our meals. These Lemon Parmesan Potatoes are also one of my go to dishes for pairing with grilled chicken or steak. While they do take a bit of time to bake, they can be prepared in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of time to sit back and relax before dinner is ready.
- 2 medium sized yellow potatoes
- 1/2 a cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 1 TBSP butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- fresh parsley
- fresh pepper
- Slice washed and peeled potatoes into wedges.
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with the potatoes.
- Place butter throughout potatoes.
- Squeeze lemon juice directly onto potatoes.
- Sprinkle parmesan, parsley and pepper on top.
- Place in oven heated to 400* on middle rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork pierces potatoes easily.
- Pairs well with grilled chicken, a summer salad and your favourite chilled white wine.