Holy smokes I can’t believe that we are already a week into June! In two days Everett will be 9 months and in 3 weeks Hazel is going to be three!!! Seriously where is this year going? I honestly don’t even want to think about how fast its going, I just want to enjoy all the beautiful weather we are having and watch my babies have some fun. So I thought I would round up a few of our must do activities this summer and share our “bucket list” if you will, with you.
- Watch Finding Dory in theatres. Why would I have watch a movie as the number one thing on our list you ask? Well, #1 it comes out this month. #2 Finding Nemo is one of Hazel’s favourite movies. #3 It will be Hazel’s first trip the movie theater (I don’t know who’s more excited, us or her.) And in case you needed another reason, #3 AIR CONDITIONING! Hello, did you see how hot it got yesterday? We might just have to go back a few more times this summer.
- Go swimming at an outdoor pool. As crazy as it seems but we have already crossed this one off our list not once, but twice!! I would love to see how many different outdoor pools we can get to this summer, weather they are wadding pools or gradual entry pools, I want to try them all.
- Go to the zoo. This might seem silly on a bucket list but we have never been to the zoo during the warmer months. Once Hazel learns how to ride her bike (more on that at a later date) I would love take her and have her ride around the zoo.
- Visit a splash park. Rocky Point park is currently our favourite but I would love to see if there are some other good ones around, perhaps some in the Fraser Valley.
- Another one we have already crossed off our list twice, but a Beach Day. Who doesn’t like a good beach day? If I can get the kids to the beach once a week, that would be ideal.
- Have a multiple picnics in the park. Lunchtime, dinner time, I don’t care, I just want to spend as much time as we can outside! Bonus points if these picnics include ice cream or fish n chips.
- Go camping, and not just our annual trip to the Okanagan. I would love to sneak in another weekend somewhere else. Perhaps a weekend at Cultus? Do you have any favourite places you like to camp?
- Take the kids to the Drive In to watch movies. Since we have a truck we can load up the back with sleepings and pillows and all cuddle up back there. Find a night where they have a couple of good movies playing and cross our fingers the kids fall asleep after the first one.
- Keep the kids up late and watch the fireworks down at English Bay. But not just any night, I want to watch the Disney night! Yes, Disney is going to be presenting for the USA in the annual Honda Celebration of Light and I cannot wait.
- Speaking of downtown, one thing I have wanted to do for awhile now is bike the seawall. I have never really even walked it come to think of it. I think it would be a lot of fun as a family to rent bikes and cruise around. We can probably cross off a few other things on the bucket list while we are down there too. A swim at 2nd beach perhaps and maybe a picnic too.
- Go berry picking! We might have just crossed this one off the list this weekend but I want to go again. And its not only me that wants to go back, but Hazel too. We could hardly drag her away yesterday, she was having to much fun. I’ve had a few other farms mentioned to me so I think we are going to try and check out a few others this summer.
- Take the kids to the waterslides. While Everett might be a little to young to do any sliding, it certainly won’t stop Hazel. She has no fear and I think she would have a blast. The question is, Splashdown, Cultus or Bridal Falls? Which one would you go to?
Do you have a bucket list for the summer? What are some things you are planning on getting up too?