With summer now upon us, I thought I would compile a little list of things I would like to do this summer. Last summer as Hazel was just a newborn we spent the summer relaxing and taking in as many newborn cuddles as we could. This summer now that we are WALKING we can get out and enjoy some of the fun local activities and sites that BC has to offer.
- Bike the seawall I’ve never done this and think it would be a lot of fun. There are a few places downtown that you can rent bikes and helmets and even chariots for the kids!
- Visit Steveston for some Fish n Chips on the Pier – We did this in the spring when I was pregnant, I would love to go back and do it again now that it’s a bit warmer. My mom has been talking about going for years and never has so I think we would bring them along too 🙂
- Visit a spray park – Hazel loves water, so I think this could be a lot of fun especially on a really hot day.
- Spend the day at Granville Island – I love visiting Granville Island, lots to see and so much yummy food to take in! They also have a playground and spray park so there are lots to do for the whole family.
- The Greater Vancouver Zoo – We visited a petting zoo last week and Hazel absolutely loved it, so I think she would enjoy seeing the larger animals. It’s also a great walk around the park.
- Day trip to Whistler – I have never been to Whistler in the summer so I think a day trip is in order.
- Visit an outdoor pool – Spend the afternoon at a local outdoor pool.
- BBQ at a park – A lot of our friends have kids now and all of them are within a year or two in age. I would love to spend a day at a park so the kids can run around and play. Queens park would be a good one as they have a playground, spray park and petting zoo all within a couple hundred feet!
- Watch the fireworks – We haven’t done this in a few years but I would love to go downtown and watch the fireworks during the Celebration of Light. Maybe leave the little one with a sitter and go for a nice dinner before hand?
- Beach day (s) – I would love to spend a day or two or more at the beach and just play in the sand! We have so many great local beaches close by, we could even challenge ourselves by trying to spend a day at each on over the summer. Who’s with me?
- Go Camping – We go every year for a week in the Okanagan and I can’t wait as its lots of fun. Maybe we will challenge ourselves this year to a smaller trip, with a weekend in Cultus or something.
- Visit a driving range – Nothing like spending an hour or two at the driving range and then enjoying a nice beverage after. Perhaps another evening with out the kiddos 😉
- Go for a nice dinner – A date night during the summer while you can enjoy a nice dinner on a patio would be perfect. I think we might try to cash this one in while camping in the Okanagan so we can visit a winery and enjoy dinner on a patio.
- Brewery tour – Adults only again! We have so many great local craft breweries in BC it would be fun to go for a tour.
- Winery Tour – Every year when we go to the Okanagan I visit a bunch of wineries but I usually only go in for a taste and to purchase a bottle or three. I would love to visit one this summer and do an actual tour. Maybe even a day tour?
What are you up to this summer? Do you have a bucket list yourself? Feel free to share what you are up to this summer in the comments or give me some suggestions if you know of some local things we should do as a family or for date. While you’re at it a couple of other Vancouver Mom’s have put together bucket lists, go visit Bianca of Bit’s of Bee and Salma of The Write Balance to check out their lists!